By Christina Ianzito via AARP
Test your knowledge about the iconic Florida amusement park resort
1. How did the company describe Walt Disney World in its early years?
A. The Vacation Kingdom of the World
B. The Happiest Land in the Universe
C. The Most Wondrous World on the Planet
D. A World of Magic
2. How old was Walt Disney in 1971 when the resort debuted?
D. He had previously passed away.
3. What does “Epcot” stand for?
A. Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow
B. Extraordinary Projected Community of Tomorrow
C. Experiment in the Planetary Culture of Tomorrow
D. Energy, Production and Culture of Tomorrow
4. How many different theme parks are housed within the Walt Disney World resort?
5. How many acres is Walt Disney World compared with California’s Disneyland?
A. 9,000 versus 6,000
B. 15,000 versus 3,000
C. 25,000 versus 500
D. 12,000 versus 9,000
6. Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is set to open next year. What will it be?
A. The world’s largest indoor roller coaster
B. An experience in which guests stay, play and eat in a simulated spaceship
C. A high-speed Star Wars–themed train
D. A live show re-creating scenes from the Star Wars films
ANSWERS: 1. A The resort now calls itself the Most Magical Place on Earth. | 2. D Disney died on December 15, 1966, at age 65. | 3. A The famed theme park within Walt Disney World opened in 1982 as EPCOT Center. | 4. B They are the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. | 5. C Disneyland is only 2 percent of the size of its sibling fun land. | 6. B It’s a luxury hotel where guests go for a two-night adventure.
Credits, from top: Disney; AP Images; Bettmann/Getty Images; Disney; Viaval/Alamy; David Roark/Disney